Thursday, August 5, 2010

"XX you are an Ironman"

In the world of triathlons- the big goal is the Iron distance race. It's a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike race, followed by an nice 26.2 mile run (a full marathon).
After years of doing shorter races, I've recently signed up for a full Iron distance race.
Ford owns the name "Iron Man" for their race series. I have signed up for "IronMan" Coeur d' Alene in Idaho. When I cross the finish line, an announcer is going to say "Bill Morrison, you are an IronMan"

It's going to be a very long, tough year. I have an outstanding wife who is patient and understands the time and expense that this event requires.

So here we go. If you are reading this blog, join me for a year's journey to what will be my most difficult physical challenge.

I'll keep you up to date and see you at the finish line...

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment